AACF stands for Asian American Christian Fellowship. Everyone of any ethnicity is welcome!
The vision of AACF at UCLA is to glorify and love God by loving the campus through proclaiming the gospel, supporting the church family, and equipping disciples of Christ.
2020-2021 Theme: In God Alone
“Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire beside you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
Psalm 73:25-26 (ESV)
The mission of Asian American Christian Fellowship is to reach into the university and collegiate community, primarily to those who are Asian Pacific Americans, with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
We are committed to making disciples by educating and equipping students in biblical foundations, Christian disciplines, and the development of spiritual gifts in order to prepare them for witness and service on the campus, in the local church, in the marketplace, and in world missions.
Statement of Faith
Asian American Christian Fellowship, as a division of JEMS, believes:
- that the Bible is God’s Word, written by men divinely and uniquely inspired by the Holy Spirit, and that it is the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- in Jesus Christ, the world’s only Savior; in His pre-existence, virgin birth, sinless life, vicarious death, burial, bodily resurrection, and personal return.
- in the Holy Spirit as a Person, indwelling and empowering the believer, convicting the unsaved, and presenting the claims of Christ.
- that sinful man is lost and can be redeemed only by the death and shed blood of Christ upon the cross through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit.
- in the resurrection of the dead, the believer to life everlasting and the unbeliever to eternal condemnation.
- that the Church, the Body of Christ, comprises all who have accepted the redemption provided by Christ.
JEMS is the parent organization behind AACF. The Japanese Evangelical Missionary Society (JEMS) began its campus work in the Fall of 1973 at Cal State Los Angeles. By 1977, the name Asian American Christian Fellowship came into being for the group at Cal State Long Beach. From a small beginning, this ministry has grown to involve several thousand students on a number of strategic campuses.